Networking and Digital Strategy Coaching
Kelly Hoey is the exclusive, WILEF-endorsed networking and digital engagement coach. Kelly can be retained by individual lawyers and firms looking to build their business networks for long-term success and to raise their professional visibility online.
WHO IS KELLY?
A connection-maker, networking strategist and top community manager, Kelly is an expert on building valuable professional networks, creating and connecting engaged communities and raising professional profile online. Based in New York, Kelly is the Chief Marketing Officer of Cuurio, an index of startups and an ideation platform that connects brands and agencies with emerging technology. She sits on the boards of numerous technology startups, and has been a member of the advisory committees for organizations such as SUNY Levin Institute, Girls Who Code and Apps To Empower Contest/United Nations Office Of Partnerships.
Kelly has been a member of the WILEF advisory board since 2010. She is a guest lecturer for The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism, writes for Irish Central and is a guest blogger/influencer for The New Yorker. Listed in Forbes as one of five women changing the world of VC/Entrepreneurship and in Fast Company as One of the 25 Smartest Women on Twitter, Kelly has also been interviewed by Inc., Huffington Post (Live), WSJ, NPR, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Fox and other media outlets.
Frequently described as a super-connector, Kelly was the first president of global business networking group 85 Broads. In 2011, Kelly co-founded Women Innovate Mobile (WIM), a mobile tech startup accelerator and seed-investment program. As managing director of WIM, Kelly was responsible for building WIM’s global influencer network of partnerships and connections (which included over 100,000 online connections).
Kelly is a corporate attorney who worked on cross-border corporate restructurings and CMBS transactions before leaving the active practice of law in 2002. Immediately prior to her entrepreneurial leap in 2009, Kelly was immersed in law firm management, building out alumni, professional development and women’s network functions at a global law firm.
WHAT WILL THE FOCUS AND APPROACH BE OF THE COACHING?
The goal of the coaching is to navigate the disjointed, noisy, competitive business networking landscape and proactively build engaged networking relationships for long-term success. Each coaching engagement starts with a defined business objective and following a networking diagnostic, is tailored to the client’s business objectives. An engagement may include:
- Analysis of your business and client landscape. Identifying target clients and audiences and outlining of social business engagement strategy (online and off).
- Developing a reputational networking strategic plan. Positioning and amplifying professional expertise (tone/purpose), targeting insights and defining voice.
- Creation of social strategic business development/marketing plan (defining and creating an integrated course of action to be implemented by the client).
- Realizing the potential of professional networks, including maximizing sponsorships, memberships and participation in professional organizations/conferences.
- Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities within networks to promote, cross-sell and up-sell.
- Navigating the online social networking scene including strategies to initiate influential conversations and develop valuable connections and meaningful professional relationships.
- Creating your own PR strategy and developing online strategies for engaging the media and other influencers.
- Formulating online community management strategies.
- Effective strategies to enhance and manage social media.
Kelly’s objective at the end of the engagement is to provide you with actionable insights, and the skills and resources to grow your business network exponentially.